1.What is the judicial branch of power in the USA?
2.- The judicial branch of government is the system of courts.
3.And what is judicial branch of government job?
4.Is it true that Supreme Court is the highest court in the country?
5.Who appoints the justices to the Supreme Court?
6.Who is responsible for making laws in the US?
7.Name American courts in the descending order.
8.In what way are the federal courts organized?
9.Where does litigation begin?
10.What does the word «to appeal» mean?
«Судебная система Великобритании»
1. How many systems of law are there in the United Kingdom?
2. What sources of law do these systems include?
3. What does the term «judicial precedent» mean?
4. What kinds of courts are there in the United Kingdom?
5. What are their functions?
6. Name American courts in the descending order.
7. In what way are the federal courts organized?
8. Where does litigation begin?
9. What does the word «to appeal» mean?
10.Which documents is the British Constitution based on ?
11. What are the main principles of the UK Constitution?
Тема 10. «Полиция США. Функции, задачи»
1. What five main types of police agencies are operating in the USA?
2. What other police forces are functioning there too?
3. Who finances the federal police agencies?
4. Who finances special police forces?
5. Are all policemen usually armed?
Тема 11. «Федеральное бюро расследований»
1. What does the FBI handle?
2. What are the main divisions of the FBI you can name?
3. What are the matters within the FBI jurisdiction?
4. In what way are the FBI Agents devoting their efforts to the fight against organized crime?
5. Who directs the efforts to locate and apprehend fugitives, escaped Federal prisoners, deserters from Armed Forces?
6. Where can valuable leads in an investigation be found very often?
7. Where is the largest collection of fingerprints in the world?
8. What is the value of fingerprints in a number of crimes?
9. On the basis of which evidence are many crimes solved and many defendants convicted?
Тема 12. «Столичная полиция Лондона. Скотланд Ярд»
1. Who supervises and directs the Metropolitan Police?
2. Who heads sectional police stations?
3. How many main branches of the Metropolitan Police Force are there?
4. What specialist branches of police are there in Britain?
5. Who was the founder of the British police?
6. What does «walking the beat» mean?
7. Why are British police cars called «jam-sandwich» cars in colloquial speech?
8. Is there a single police force, organized by central government?
9. What is the major difference in police organization between Britain and some other countries?
10. When do British police forces co-operate with each other?
11. What is the name of London’s police headquarters?
12. In what situations can policemen carry arms?
13. What are the ranks of policemen?
14. Who was responsible for organizing and designing the «New Police»?
15. Why did the headquarters of the Metropolitan Police become known as Scotland Yard?
16. What is «New Scotland Yard» and where is it currently located?
17. What difficulties in relations with public did the force suffer?
18. What is the main principle of the Force’s relationship with the public?
19. What is the headquarters of the Metropolitan Police in London?
20. Which parts of London are covered by the Metropolitan Police?
21. What are the Metropolitan Police’s Duties?
22. Who is the administrative head of Scotland Yard?
23. When did Scotland Yard set up its Criminal Investigation Department?
24. What cases does the CID deal with?
25. What is one of the most successful developments in Scotland Yard’s crime
26. detection and emergency service?
27. What have you learnt of the Map Room in Scotland Yard?
28. What assistance does the Yard render to the countries of the Commonwealth?
Тема 13, 14. «Интерпол. Европол. Функции, задачи»»
1. What is Interpol?
2. When was it formed?
3. Where is Interpol’s headquarters located?
4. What are Interpol’s aims?
5. Does Interpol have powers of arrest?
6. Is Russia a member of Interpol?
7. What is Europol?
8. When did it start its work?
9. What is the aim of Europol?
10. What international crimes does Europol fight against?
11. Does Europol any executive powers? What does it mean?
12. What can you say about structure of this organization?
13. Is there any difference between Europol and Interpol? What are their roles in the fight against organized crime?