1. Criminal investigation is the keystone of ____ and in the structure of the detective function.
a) the police service b) the police agency c) the emergency service d) the police department
2. The aim of investigation is _____.
a) to protect the witness b) to reconstruct the happening c) to find the victim d) to protect the scene
3. Participating of highly professional policemen is ____ for the successful investigation.
a)possible b) impossible c)indispensable d)responsible
4. Dedication, courage, intelligence, competency, self-command are ______ of policeman’s profession.
a)services b)skills c)attributes d)functions
5. To ferret out serious crimes the police officer should be _____ in theoretical fundamentals of law enforcement.
a) knowledgeable b) skilled c) familiar d)selected
6. The highly professional police officer should be skilled in marksmanship, driving a patrol car, ______ with the public.
a)regulating b)maintaining c) communicating d)frustrating
7. Quick and accurate solution of crime _____ very much on proper special training.
a)depending b) depend c) is depending d) depends
8. Laying an ambush and conducting ____ are skills of undercover work.
a) supervision b) surveillance c) arrest d) underworld
9. The work with the informants includes their choosing, ____ and usage.
a) cultivating b)penetrating c)maintaining d)arresting
10. A police officer operating ____ often comes to know personally the offenders of the specific criminal specialty.
a) in a uniform b) in plain clothes c)in public d)in common
11. The investigating officer ____ the scene very carefully.
a) examine b) have examined c) examines d) is examined
12. The police had examined the scene very carefully before he _____ anything.
a) disturb b) disturbs c) disturbed d) has disturbed
13. The policemen take active measures ____ the offender.
a) to detect b) detecting c) detective d) detection
14. The investigating officer usually takes ____ of the scene and its objects.
a) pictures b) traces c) actions d) crimes
15. The policeman makes a plan ____ the position of any trace.
a) records b)recording c) recorded d) record
16. The task of the investigating officer is to collect and ____ evidence.
a) touch b) protect c) disturb d) display
17. To establish ____ against the person responsible for a crime the investigator examines all the evidence.
a) proof of criminal b) proof of crime c) proof of guilt d) proof of guilty
18. If the guilt is established the investigating officer ____ against the suspect.
a) brings a sentence b) brings a justice c) brings evidence d) brings a charge
19. Investigators present the criminal case ____ in court.
a) for the prosecutor b) for the prosecution c) for the interrogation d) for the examination
20. It is essential to catch, neutralize and bring the criminal ____ quickly.
a) to court b) to prison c) to justice d) to prosecution
21. In order to prevent crimes the professional policemen ____ contacts with the public.
a) establishes b) establish c) is establishing d) has established
22. The general performance of the policeman in the field is less effective if he ___ the understanding of the public.
a) lack b) is lacking c) lacking d) lacks
23. Decision-making judgements and general performance of the policeman depend on ___ in the field.
a) understanding the reasons b) detecting the criminals c) understanding the people d) lacking the experience
25. Patrol officers, detectives or investigators ____ in the investigation.
a) participate b) participates c) participating d) were participating
26. Professional aptitudes, knowledge and skills help the police officer in ____ proper police/public relations.
a) maintain b) maintaining c) maintained d) maintains
27. Proper special training and education are important ____ the efforts of professional criminals.
a) in frustrating b) against frustrating c) for in frustrate d) in frustrate
28. Specialized investigative ___ and professional ___ are necessary sleuthing powers.
a) aptitudes, instincts b) instinct, powers c) aptitudes, instinct d) powers, instinct
29. The investigator is to learn whether an accident ____ and if so who is responsible.
a) involve a crime b) involves a criminal c) involves a crime d) involve a criminal
30. Criminal investigation is ___ in the structure of the detective function.
a) the keyboard b) the keystone c) the keynote d) the keyhole