1. The police officer’s main task is to perform well under … conditions.
a) operation b) operational c) operative d) operative’s e) operation’s
2. The operative is to … crimes.
a) detect b) detection c) detective d) detective’s e) detector
3. The investigator’s work is to solve …
a) criminal b) crimes c) crime’s d) criminals e) crimes’
4. This cadet is a future detective of the Criminal … Department.
a) investigator b) investigator’s c) investigation d) investigators e) investigators’
5. The police officer is to fight and … crime.
a) prevention b) preventive c) prevent d) prevents e) prevents
6. My future work is law and crime…
a) detective b) detect c) detection d) detective’s e) detector
7. To be competent specialists the cadets are to … their profession.
a) master b) detect c) perform d) prevent e) handle
8. The cadets of our university have all modern … at their hospital.
a) classroom b) conveniences c) convenience d) disposal e) comfortable
9. Who is to search a …?
a) criminal scene b) detection scene c) crime scene d) crime’s scene e) crime scenes
10. Future police officers are to get … abilities.
a) profession b) professional c) professional’s d) profession’s e) professionals
11. At the university future operatives study many different … which are important for their future work.
a) abilities b) subjects c) specialties d) witnesses e) skills
12. … Law is one of the important subjects in the cadets’ curriculum.
a) Crime’s b) Crime c) Criminal d) Criminal’s e) Criminalist
13. Divisional inspectors are not to …
a) search crime scenes b) fight crime c) detect crimes d) prevent crime e) steal money
14. Social sciences are to … the students’ world outlook.
a) study b) investigate c) detect d) form e) fight
15. Medical services and state … are at the students’ disposal.
a) skills b) abilities c) grants d) lectures e) expenses
16. Lectures, seminars and practical … are necessary and useful for cadets’ training.
a) languages b) instructions c) operatives d) abilities e) instructors
17. The main principle of effective educational system is to … theory and practice.
a) study b) learn c) unite d) detect e) prevent
18. Knowledge of special …and methods of crime prevention is necessary for police officers.
a) instructions b) regulations c) weapons d) means e) investigation
19. Investigators are to interrogate …
a) witnesses b) criminals c) experts d) detectives e) field-criminalists
20. The police officers’ professional skills are to drive a car and to use …
a) weapon b) weapons c) driving license d) uniform e) criminal case
Тема 2. Высшее образование в Великобритании.
1. Is higher education in Great Britain mandatory or …?
a) necessary b) obligatory c) important d) expensive e) voluntary
2. The students of England take … for the General Certificate of Secondary Education.
a) tests b) examinations c) courses d) training e) classes
3. At the age of 16 students choose to stay in … or to go on to higher education.
a) college b) school c) university d) institute e) training
4. A British … usually consists of colleges.
a) academies b) universities c) secondary schools d) institutes e) schools
5. British colleges are …educational establishments.
a) secondary b) primary c) higher d) special e) technical
6. British institutions of higher education can be either public or …
a) state b) voluntary c) secondary d) private e) local
7. The universities of … are the oldest in Great Britain.
a) London b) Oxford and Cambridge c) Oxford and London d) Cambridge and Manchester e) Manchester
8. During the 1980s there was a significant increase in … in Great Britain.
a) number students b) student numbers c) student income d) tuition fees e) student costs
9. Students get state grants to cover …
a) tuition fees b) parents’ income c) funding d) education opportunities e) correspondence courses
10. The size of the state grant is determined by …
a) tuition fees b) living costs c) parents’ income d) extension techniques e) funding
11. Students get … and part-time education in Great Britain.
a) practical b) professional c) full d) residential e) different
12. British students … grants.
a) fund b) send c) pay d) receive e) apply for
13. Students receive … at the end of three or four years of study.
a) Bachelor’s Degree b) Master’s Degree c) Certificate of Higher Education d) General Certificate of Higher Education e) Professional Certificate
14. Every University in Great Britain is …
a) private b) state c) funding d) self-governing e) public
15. To cover living costs students apply for students’ …
a) fees b) loans c) income d) costs e) funding
16. The students … a written exam now.
a) is taking b) are taking c) taking d) take e) am taking
17. In Scotland students … the Scottish Certificate of Education.
a) earn b) take c) give d) apply for e) receive
18. The Open University was founded in …
a) 1992 b) 1969 c) 1896 d) 1696 e) 1996
19. The Open University … higher education opportunities for people.
a) support b) supports c) provide d) provides e) is providing
20. British universities receive state financial …
a) loans b) fees c) support d) opportunities e) independence
Тема 2. Высшее образование в США
1. Higher education in the USA is provided by … and universities.
a) schools b) institutes c) institutions d) colleges e) courses
2. A university is a collection of ...
a) institutes b) colleges c) courses d) subjects e) techniques
3. Sophomores are … students.
a) first year b) second year c) third year d) fourth year e) fifth year
4. Students who continue studies at the university after the fourth year are classified as …
a) freshmen b) senior students c) junior students d) graduate students e) applicants
5. The highest academic degree is …
a) the Bachelor’s Degree b) the Master’s Degree c) the Doctor of Philosophy d) the Master of Arts e) the Doctor’s Philosophy
6. American universities or colleges are either state or …
a) public b) private c) special d) voluntary e) independent
7. First two years are a continuation of … education.
a) primary b) higher c) secondary d) compulsory e) professional
8. To get the highest academic degree the original … is necessary.
a) practical work b) independent work c) funding d) research work e) tuition fee
9. A private institution receives … direct financial aid from any government.
a) some b) little c) no d) few e) significant
10. A public institution is ... and operated by a government.
a) defended b) guaranteed c) provided d) owned e) paid
11. What exams … you taking this term?
a) is b) are c) do d) does e) am
12. American students … examinations at the end of the fourth year of studies at the college to get the Bachelor’s Degree.
a) pass b) are passing c) passes d) are passed
13. During the four-year high school program the student … study many major subjects per year.
a) don’t b) doesn’t c) isn’t d) aren’t e) wasn’t
14. Each college … in a different field.
a) specialize b) is specializing c) specializes d) specialized e) are specializing
15. Colleges … students for graduating studies or getting a job.
a) prepare b) prepares c) are preparing d) is preparing e) preparing
16. Advanced students … their studies at the university.
a) continues b) continuing c) is continuing d) am continuing e) continue
17. The American high school … a wide variety of courses.
a) supports b) offers c) offer d) support e) offering
18. At the conclusion of studies a college … a bachelor’s degree.
a) provide b) grant c) grants d) grant e) granting
19. … students have classes in physical education?
a) are b) is c) do d) does e) has
20. The state … public institutions.
a) finance b) doesn’t finance c) finances d) don’t finance e) are financing
Тема 3. Высшее образование в России. Краснодарский университет МВД России
1. There are … kinds of higher education establishments in Russia.
a) two b) three c) four d) first e) second
2. Academies have a … spectrum of specialties than universities.
a) wider b) broader c) narrower d) narrow e) wide
3. Academies and universities … research activity.
a) provides b) conducts c) reflect d) conduct e) conducting
4. Institutes … a wide range of fields of study.
a) does not offer b) do not offer c) is not offering d) not offer e) is not offered
5. Many Russian universities offer … education for working professionals.
a) distance b) correspondence c) correspondent d) distant e) profession
6. The … year in Russian educational institutions lasts from September, 1 to mid June.
a) learning b) academic c) professional d) education e) study
7. If the applicants pass … examinations successfully they enter the university.
a) final b) enter c) entrance d) term e) education
8. To enter a higher educational establishment the applicant submits a … Certificate
a) Secondary Education b) Higher Education c) Final Education d) Elementary Education
9. Krasnodar University of the Interior of Russian Federation is one of the colleges of …professional education.
a) law b) lawyer c) law enforcement d) enforcement e) legal
10. Graduates of Krasnodar University work in all …
a) police officers b) militia officers c) educational institutions d) militia services e) militia schools
11. There are … courses for veterans of militia service.
a) militia b) police c) distance d) refresher e) preparatory
12. The students are to keep up with routine …
a) laws b) regulations c) courses d) legislation e) rule
13. The cadets of our university are … military uniform.
a) to wear b) to wearing c) wear d) wearing e) wears
14. The cadets have all … for getting a good education.
a) conveniences b) condition c) conditions d) service e) experience
15. There is a complex of sport …
a) conditions b) facilities c) conveniences d) experts e) opportunities
16. The term of training at Krasnodar University of the Interior is … depending on the faculty.
a) five or six b) three or four c) four or five d) four or six e) six and five
17. Students live in modern …
a) hotel b) hotels c) hostel hostels d) hospital
18. Students of our university receive a diploma of … for law enforcement organs.
a) a detective b) an investigator c) an operative d) a field-criminalist d) a lawyer
19. Specially … classrooms are effective for proper training.
a) equip b) up-to-date c) modern d) equipped e) trained
20. The militia cadets get both general and cultural education and …
a) experienced specialists b) special abilities c) professional specialization d) general training e) cultural knowledge