Глагол tohave в форме будущего времени Willhave + 3 форма глагола.
Употребляется для выражения будущего действия, которое совершится до определенного момента в будущем. Н русский язык Future Perfect переводится будущим временем глагола совершенного вида.
Tomorrow by 5 o’clock I will have passed the exam. – Завтра к 5 часам я сдам экзамен.
Exercise. 1 Read and translate the following sentences:
1. We have done it already. 2. I have seen this film. 3.Silence! The lesson
has begun. 4.Look! The teacher has come. 5. –We have translated this sentence. –Start translating the text. 6. Have you heard the news? My friend Mike has got married. 7. Have you read “The Forsyte’s Saga” by G.Galsworthy? 8. Who has won the game? –Of course, the Dynamo team has. 9. Have you seen this new film? –No, I haven’t yet. 10. Why are you late? –I am sorry. I have been to the library. 11. I haven’t seen you for a long time. Where have you been all this time? – In Kiev. I have just returned from there. 12. When you came I had already written my report.
Exercise 2. Think of questions for which the following might be answer.
1. Mary has cooked a wonderful cake. 2. He has gone home. 3. She hasn’t seen him since the summer. 4. He has given her a beautiful rose. 5. The alarm-clock has just rung. 6. She has put her umbrella into the corner. 7. It has begun thawing today. 8. The boy has broken the icicle. 9. She has changed her name. 10. Mary has brought him home. 11. She has brought home a white kitten. 12. She has always tried to stop him.
Exercise 3. Supply subordinate clauses with the verbs in the Present Perfect Simple.
1. I don’t know why (she - not to come). 2. She asks why (you – not to lay the table). 3. I’d like to know why (he – not to answer my letter). 4. Tell me why (you – to quarrel). 5. She doesn’t say why (she- to refuse to take this work). 6. I can’t guess why (they-to part). 7. She wants to know where (they – to go to). 8. I wonder where (they- to live all the time). 9. He can’t say where (the dog- to appear from). 10. I just ask where (you- to be since last Saturday).
Exercise 4. Choose suitable remarks for each of the left side of the page.
| 1. It is dark.
2. It is time to get up.
3. It is cold.
4. The day is dull.
5. The streets are quite white.
6. The streets are muddy.
7. She feels so tired.
8. Oh, the water is so hot!
9. I don’t hear his steps.
10. I am not tired any more.
11. Look! The ground is like iron!
12. I don’t see my cup.
|| The alarm-clock has rung
Well, he has put on his slippers.
It has frozen.
She has not slept tonight.
Of course you aren’t, you have taken a shower.
A thick fog has spread over the city.
It has rained since the very morning.
Winter has come.
Sure it is. I’ve turned on the hot water tap.
Sure it is. I’ve turned on the hot water tap.
The thaw has begun.
I’ve taken it to the kitchen.
Exercise 5. Combine the following words and word-groups into sentences paying special attention to the position of adverbs.
1. Everything, she, has, discovered. 2. She, my heart, in two has cut. 3. Yet, has, she, not left, her room. 4. Once, only, has, there, been, he. 5. Just, me, he, told, about his friend, has. 6. Up to town, gone, your outfit, she, to buy, has. 7. Never this, from town, come, I, have, you, to tell. 9. Often, spoken, has, to us, he, on the subject. 10. Returned, have, sooner, I expected, than, I.
Exercise 6. Translate into English using the Present Perfect.
1. Что случилось? 2. Куда он ушел? 3. Я уже прочитала эту книгу. 4. Начался дождь. 5. Я его еще не видела. 6. Мать уже испекла булочки. 7. Ты когда-нибудь катался на коньках по замершей реке? 8. Сегодня я не была в библиотеке. 9.Реки и пруды уже замерзли. 10. В этом году я часто видела их в кино. 11. Я не встречала его с весны.
Exercise 7. Insert predicates in the Present Perfect or in the Past Simple and other missing parts of the sentence using the phrases in brackets.
A.The doctor … today (to visit ten of his patients). 2. His brother …. that day. (not to go to the picture). 3. It …the day before yesterday. (to rain heavily). 4. The professor …two days ago. (to examine him). 5. He…the other day. (to call on us).
B.1. The tourists … this week. (to arrive here). 2. Mother … that week. (to take the children to the Zoo). 3. My husband and I…last week. (to be at the theatre). 4. The children …a week ago. (to come from the country). 5. My aunt … for a week. (to stay with us).
В английском языке существуют четыре типа вопросительных предложений: общий вопрос, специальный вопрос, разделительный и альтернативный вопросы.