1 He is said to have studied marketing very well
2. Marketing is known to be one of the systems of big corporations’ management
3. He expects to be invited to work for this firm.
II. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие предложения. Обратите внимание на перевод независимого (самостоятельного) и зависимого причастных оборотов (см. образец выполнения 2).
1. Having travelled much he told interesting stories.
2. We watched them discussing the problems of trade.
3. There being no goods in the shop we decided to go to another one.
III. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие предложения. Обратите внимание на то, как переводятся условные предложения (см. образец выполнения 3).
1. If he has time he will help you.
2. The goods would be bought if you advertised them on TV.
3. If he had been interested in prices he would have known them in advance.
IV. Прочитайте и устно переведите весь текст. Перепишите и письменно переведите 2,3,4 абзацы текста.
CLASSIFICATION OF MARKETS
1. Markets may be classified in many ways, such as a) according to the area covered, b) according to the methods of dealing, c) according to the commodity or class of commodities dealt in. This classification is very useful.
2. Markets for Raw Materials. These markets are known as Produce Markets, where importers sell raw materials to wholesale dealers. Well-known examples of such markets are for cotton, wheat, wool, copper and rubber. Produce markets are located in some important city but their transactions are world-wide. Dealers usually meet on an Exchange, where the method of dealing is a sample, or by grades. The Exchange usually issues periodical Market Reports, and regulates all transactions by its rules.
3. Markets for Manufactured Goods. When the processes of manufacture are completed, the manufacturer may distribute the goods to the retailer himself, or, as is more usual, he may sell them to the wholesaler, who warehouses the products of many manufacturers and distributes them to the retailers or to other wholesale dealers at home or abroad. The wholesale market extends therefore over a wide area; the wholesaler is in contact with retailers, from whom he receives reports regarding changes in demand. The orders received from the retailers are passed on to the manufacturers, and in this way the course of production is determined.
V. Прочитайте 1-й абзац текста и ответьте письменно на следующий вопрос:
What is the classification of markets?
I. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие предложения. Помните, что объектный и субъектный инфинитивные обороты соответствуют придаточным предложениям (см. образец выполнения 1).
1 The film to be shown at our club tonight consists of two parts.
2.We consider this congress to be one of the biggest events of our time.
3. The force of economic plans is known to lie in the reality of the tasks und ways leading to their fulfillment.
II Перепишите и письменно пере ведите на русский язык следующие предложения. Обратите внимание на перевод независимого и зависимого причастных оборотов( см. образец выполнения 2).
1. People smoking so much can't be healthy.
2. Not knowing the working instructions we couldn't use the equipment.
3. The goods having been unloaded, the ship was ready to start its way back to the country.
III. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие сложные предложения. Обратите внимание на перевод условных предложений (см. образец выполнения 3).
1. If we get tickets for the football match, we shall invite you to the stadium.
2. If he agreed to speak at the conference we would all be very happy.
3. If all the documents had been in order we could have signed the contract yesterday.
IV Прочитайте и устно переведите текст. Перепишите и 1, 2, 3 абзацы
1. Currency is the official medium of money exchange of a country. "Currency" - because money runs or passes from person to person.
The currency in circulation usually consists of coins and bank-notes. In Britain the currency in circulation is the pound sterling. About one-sixth is held by banks, the remainder by public.
2. Each sovereign state has a currency (e.g. the American dollar, the French franc) ; a payment from one country to another requites to be made in terms of a rate of exchange between their currencies.
3. A variation in the rate of exchange between currency is known as depreciation or devaluation of the currency, which becomes cheaper as a result of the appreciation of the others. Rates of exchange between currency depend on the demand and supply for them and their supply. But this depends upon trade, services, the price of currency, the international movement of capital, i.e. the import and export of securities and similar financial claims.
4. There are two kinds of currency: soft and hard. SOFT currencies are those, for which international demand is weak, HARD currencies are those, for which international demand is strong.
It is the Exchange Equalization Account and International Monetary Fund who run all matters about currency in the world.
Пояснения к тексту:
rate of exchange - курс обмена (валют)
depreciation - обесценивание, снижение
devaluation - девальвация.обесценивание
soft currency - неконвертируемая (неустойчивая) валюта
hard currency – конвертируемая ( устойчивая, твердая) валюта
Exchange Equalization Account – Единый уравнительный фонд счета