1. Almost everything in modern world is done with the help of computers.
2. Originally computers were used only for doing calculations.
3. Computers are being used more and more extensively in the world now.
4. A new kind of computer has been created recently.
II. Перепишите предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения слов it, that, one.
1. It is cooperatives who participate in wholesale fairs and sign contracts with consumers and supplies.
2. One should agree that prices are called upon to bear on economic interests of the cooperatives.
3. It is necessary to extern a credit to coops on the basis of agreement.
III. Перепишите предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения слов to be, to do, to have.
1. The cooperative bank is a democratic crediting centre providing funds for coops.
2. She is to come to the office at nine.
3. I do know this subject well.
4. The cooperatives do contract labors, pay subject to mutual agreement.
5. Working for cooperatives has the social significance.
6. He has to get up early as he lives far from his office.
IV. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на бессоюзное подчинение
1. This is a new cooperative we don't know much about.
2. Now technological projects the coops used were developed last year
V. Перепишите предложения, переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на функцию инфинитива.
1. The task of the consumer cooperatives is to create retail and catering outlets.
2. To market consumer goods and provide all kinds of paid services cooperatives should have a wide net of trade.
3. It is necessary for coops to make international prestige and foreign exchange stocks
4. Members of cooperatives of all types have the right to take part in the work and in the management, to receive a share of the income, to have social insurance and social security.
VI. Прочитайте и устно переведите с 1 по 4 абзацы текста Перепишите и письменно переведите 1,2, 3-й абзацы текста.
Originally computers were used only for doing calculations. When Ch.Babbage, a professor of mathematics at Cambridge University, invented the first calculating machine in 1812 he could hardly have imagined the situation we find ourselves in today.
Almost everything in modern world is done with the help of computers. Computers are being used more and more extensively in the world now, for the simple reason that they are more efficient that human beings. They have much better memories and can store great amount of information and they can do calculations in a fraction of the time required by a human mathematician. No man alive can do 500000 sums in one second, but a modern computer can.
In fact, a computer can do many things we do, but faster and better. They can control machines at factories, work out tomorrow’s weather and even play chess, write poetry or compose music. In science computers digest and analyze masses of measurements such as the sequential positions and velocities of a spacecraft and solve extraordinary long and complex mathematical problems, such as the trajectory of the spacecraft.
In commerce they record and process inventories, purchases, bills, payrolls, bank deposit and the like and keep track of ongoing business transactions. In industry they monitor and control manufacturing processes. In government they keep statistics and analyze economic information. Computers are also a great help to scholars in history, literature and so on.
V. Прочитайте 4-й абзац текста и вопрос к нему. Из приведенных вариантов ответа укажите номер предложения, содержащего правильный ответ на поставленный вопрос.
What does the computer do in commerce?
Control manufacturing processes.
Record and process inventories, bills, payrolls.
I. Перепишите следующие предложения, определите в каждом из них видо-временную форму и залог глагола- сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык (см.образец выполнения 1)
1. A new ring-road is being built around the city.
2 The room had been cleaned before we arrived.
3. The problem was being discussed when the manager came.
4. He told me that he had been invited to the conference.