Помни: this→these (этот–эти)
1. This is a seaman. 2. He is a marine engineer. 3. She is responsible for her children. 4. I am good at Math. 5. That is a cadet of the University. 6. A ship is in the port. 7. This is a rating. 8. A rating is on deck. 9. A radio engineer is on board the ship. 10. That is our master. 11. A motorman is in the engine room. 12. It is our main engine. 13. A bosun is busy. 14. This University is very large. 15. That cabin is comfortable.
5. Вставьте артикли a, an, the там, где это необходимо.
1. We are … seamen. This is our … vessel. … vessel isn't … very big. She is … small and fast. Our ship isn't at … sea now. She is in … port. She is at … anchor.
2. Look at this man. He is … engineer. He is … good engineer. This is his … car. It isn't … old car. Is his … car in … order? – No, it is not. It is under … repair. … car is in … garage.
3. It is … classroom. … classroom is … large and light. It is not free. … cadets are in … classroom. They are busy with … their English. … cadets are at … desks. … teacher is in … classroom too. She is not at her … table. She is at … blackboard.
4. I am … cadet. I am from … Murmansk. Nick is my … friend. He isn't … cadet. We are at … home now. My home is not in … centre of Murmansk. It is far from … centre. My … mother isn't at home. She is at … work. She is … engineer at … factory.
5. My friend is … motorman on … tanker. He isn't on … tanker now. My father isn't … pumpman. He is … boatswain on … fishing vessel. … vessel is not at … sea. … vessel is at … anchor in … port.
where … from
Questions and possible answers
| Who are you?
|| I am Novikov. I'm Oleg Novikov.
| What is your (first, family) name?
|| My name is Oleg Novikov. My first name isOleg. My family name is Novikov.
| What is your nationality?
|| I am Russian.
| Where are you from?
|| I am from Russia. (from Murmansk)
| What are you?
|| I am an engineer.
| What's your job?
|| I am a marine-engineer.
| Are you married or single?
|| I am single. I am not married.
| What are you fond of?
|| I am fond of sailing (fishing, sports, TV, video,computer games, machines, traveling, etc.).
| What are you good at?
|| I'm good at technical subjects.
Запомните предлоги времени, места и направления.
| Предлоги времени
|| Предлоги места и направления
| in(с названиями месяцев)– in September/ May
(с названиями времен года) – in summer/ autumn
(с названиями частей дня) – in the morning/ evening
(с обозначением года) – in 2005
on(с названиями дней недели, датами)–on Tuesday, on the first of September
at(с обозначениями времени)–at 3 o'clock
in–через (о времени)
Вставьте необходимые предлоги.
1. I'm a first year cadet. I'm … Murmansk. I'm … home now. My home is not … the centre of Murmansk. It is far … the centre. My mother isn't … home. She is … work. She is an engineer … the factory.
2. My friend isa motorman …a tanker. His tanker is … sea now. The motorman isn't … the stern. He is … the engine room. He is … watch. Their pump is … … order. It is …repair.
3. … 9 o'clock my friend and I are … the classroom. We are ready … the English lesson. We are … our desks. The teacher isn't … the classroom. She is … … the classroom. She is here … a minute.
4. Nick isn't … leave … the ninth of October. He is … watch that is why he is absent … the lesson. … October he is … watch three times. But … Wednesday he is present … the lesson.
5. Look … this man. He is an engineer … a fishing vessel. … the morning he is … work. But he isn't … the bridge, he is … the engine room. Their engine is … repair. The vessel isn't … sea now. She is … the port. She is … anchor.
| boatswain (bosun)
| chief mate (engineer)
|| [CJf meit "endZI'niq]
|| старший помощник (механик)
|| экипаж (судна)
| electro engineer
|| [i'lektrou "endZI'niq]
|| рулевой, кормчий
| marine engineer
|| [mq'rJn "endZI'niq]
|| капитан (судна)
|| член (экипажа)
|| оператор насоса
| radio officer
|| ['reidiou 'Ofisq]
|| матрос, моряк
|| моряк, матрос
| second (third, fourth) officer (mate)
|| ['Ofisq meit]
|| второй (третий, четвертый) помощник
2. Ответьте на вопросы:
· on board the ship?
· on deck?
· on the bridge?
· in the engine room?
· in the cabin?
· in the radio room?
· in the galley?
· in the pilot's cabin?
· at the ship's wheel?
· in the ratings' messroom?
· on the stern?
· in the officers' messroom?
· on the bow?
4. Выберите из списка вопросы, ответами на которые будут следующие предложения:
The ship is at sea.
It (she) is a cargo (sailing, passenger) ship.
I am on leave (on holiday).
Sure. My vessel is new, fast and comfortable.
1. Are you fond of your vessel?
2. What is your home port?
3. What is your job?
4. Are you on deck or in the engine room?
5. Where is your ship now?
6. Is your ship in the port?
7. What type of ship is it (she)?
8. Is your ship at anchor?
9. Is your ship new or old?
10. Why aren't you at sea now?